Thursday, August 26, 2010

Trailer Time: 127 Hours

Okay maybe I'll make this something like a regular article here about new trailers that I see around the net. This one here is 127 Hours directed by Danny Boyle and boy oh boy does this movie look very, very interesting. Here's the trailer:




Saw that? The trailer stars of with pure fun and energy showing James Franco as backpacker/adventurer Aron Ralston who constantly treks around some beautiful landscapes. As the trailer showed, it's based on the Aron's life. Now for those of you who didn't click on that link (Aron Ralston's Wikipedia entry), or was at a loss by the end of that trailer, Aron Ralston is a mountain climber who amputated his own right arm with a dull knife to free himself from that boulder. Yep you've read that right. AMPUTATED. OWN ARM. WITH A DULL KNIFE.

This is how a dull knife looks like according to Google
Holy eff. Imagine that. Either he dies there alone or cuts his arm to be able to move. Just like the first Saw film with less gore (maybe). But hell does this look interesting or what? And coming from director Danny Boyle? He's like one of my favorite directors and I kinda miss his films because the last film he directed that I truly liked was Sunshine. Slumdog Millionaire you say? No. Way too overrated and too sappy. I mean yeah it's a good film but not that good but I know I get why people liked that film.

Anyway, I'm really curious as to how this film, 127 Hours, will be like when it's released by November this year. Something to look forward to. Specifically for all you mountain climbers/adventurers out there. ;)


got this from filmdrunk

2 comments:

  1. excited!!! -claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. The amputation of his own arm reminded me of that Happy Tree Friends episode Out on a Limb.

    I would love to see this one. Really interesting.

    ReplyDelete