Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just wanted to share this awesomeness.

Whenever I have some spare time, I mostly dedicate it to trolling looking for interesting news and websites and whatever in the interwebs. But sometimes, I'd like some time off and read some literature. Stuff that I've found from somewhere across the web. Right now, that particular read is a comic series called "The Walking Dead".

Comics + Zombies = BRAAAAINS
It's a great comic series that in a way, analyzes how humans will react to a zombie outbreak. It has the usual stuff from zombie movies (but minus the mall setting... so far) but with far more depth and characterization, well since it's a comic book, so issues are spent on character development. Buuuut, this post isn't really about the comic. No, no, no. It's about something that has the potential to be more awesome (well, for me, I'm thrilled!) SEE IT AFTER THE JUMP! HAHA!


Okay you got curious. Alright here it is, you've got to see this. The trailer (recorded with a cam since they're not releasing it yet or my research skills failed me in some way) for The Walking Dead TV SERIES...



OMG. Can you imagine?! A tv series. With ZOMBIES. Seriously. How violent, brutal, emotional and fantastic will this be? Remember Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead? Remember Romero's original versions? Remember Shaun of the Dead? How about 28 Days and 28 Weeks Later? Zombieland? Imagine those films... but roll them into a series. A weekly show where every week you get your dose of zombie killings.

They'll ask for your brains! EVERY-EFFIN-TIME!
I don't know where we get our fascination with zombie scenarios but man oh man I seriously hope this turns out to be something awesome. Maybe it'll be my replacement to Lost and Arrested Development? I sure hope so. I'm still looking for a tv show that is as well-written as Arrested Development and as great as Lost. A real mind-blower.

I was talking metaphorically and literally.
Now I'd like to see the proper trailer of this series from somewhere, if any of you out there gets curious and somehow stumbles upon the said trailer, let me know please? Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. naalala ko si Nick ng L4D2 sa bidang lalake, somehow.. haha

    --Franz

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. L4D2's also an awesome game. better zombie game as compared to RE. ooooh might have sparked some fanboys there. haha.

    but you have to read this series. it's unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha dumadating kasi talaga sa stage na you want to experience yung feeling na nakakatakot at nakakadire haha
    and it will come to the point na kasawa na :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so far hindi pa sawa ang mga tao sa zombies. and I think relevant din ito, you can look at outbreaks of diseases and compare it to zombie outbreaks. like yung 'zombies' sa 28 days later ay technically may sakit lang na rabies.

    hahahaha! pwedeng nakakaparanoid ang outbreaks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @kyreii - ui! you're here. haha. try reading this series din. okay na okay!

    ReplyDelete