Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ooh... Electric Chess looks cool

Now this looks like it consumes a lot of electricity and a little too dangerous but I think it isn't. Everyone, here it is, the electric chess set:

WOW! COOL! Are the first words that I've said
This chess set was designed by Architect Brent Blake and as you can see, the pieces are all similarly shaped like your typical light bulbs. See more images after the break.
The rank position of each light bulb is classified via their color. As far as I can tell, the pawns are colored white (or is that plain?) while the higher ranking pieces have different colors as well.

Hmmm... pwede to.
The board itself is made out of plugs and sockets and is color coded as well. You can clearly see the black 'tiles' from the white 'tiles' in the 2nd image. The set of plugs at the sides are used whenever a chess piece gets 'eaten' or caught by the opposing team. Man I wish I have one like this at home... I think we all can make one. Anyway the lights don't go too hot to to handle and the chess set itself even has a dimmer to adjust the brightness of the said pieces. Cool conversational piece to have at home.

I want one! The moustache, I mean .
Now I'm wondering how it would feel like to play Dama or even Sci-Dama, Da-Math and the likes in this kind of chess set, but specifically Sci-Dama. Imagine using this and utilizing different wattages per bulb, then you subtract or add or multiply or whatever it is people do in Sci-Dama (how do you play that game again?). Wouldn't that be cool?


news via Geeky Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment