Thursday, August 19, 2010

This one made me smile.

Back when I was still a kid, whenever me and my family went to my grandparents' house in the province, it was my habit to occupy the rocking chair in their house and sit there, just you know, to rock.


Oh yeah man!
That's why this particular design somehow made me smile and made me think na "Oo nga no? Bakit hindi ko naisip yung idea na yun?" because it's so obvious and yet it's still really very clever. Maybe it's because the lack of awareness back when I was a kid? Or maybe the green movement's still not in full bloom? I don't know, but without further ado, here it is:

The ROCKING  Rocking Chair

This one here is from designer Shawn Kim who came up with an idea to convert the rocking motion of a rocking chair into electricity! You can charge up your electronics here, may it be your phone, your laptop (maybe) or maybe your house (hopefully). In theory, it seems like it'll work efficiently. I mean, look at that thing, all you need to do is to sit down and rock back and forth. Even your grandparents will have something to do for the rest of the day, like powering the refrigerator or something.
Yeah just keep on doing that gramps. Thanks!
Apparently, the said rocking chair has its own built in speaker that you can use to obviously listen to some rocking beats. It has a built-in LED lamp that can give light to what you're reading or doing. And as you can see, the finish doesn't really look like it's old, or something you don't want to be seen on, because you have to admit that the style is very chic. Here are some more images so as to convince you to get your parents/grandparents/relatives/kids or me one when Christmas season hits us.


Looks too Professor X-sy
Anyway this'll surely be a nice addition to your balcony or terrace or bedroom.



got this from The Design Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I want one. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha ang dami mong time para magblog ah, hahaha, mas ok ung black and white na design :D, baka pede lagyan na rin ng gulong, para instant sasakyan na rin

    ReplyDelete
  3. @myk - well madami din akong nalalaman in the process. i see a lot of updates. minsan din hindi lang sya for the sake of being entertained, it's sometimes educational... i think. ;)

    ReplyDelete