Sunday, August 1, 2010

PWNW

Did any of you managed to watch that very fresh and should I say very original new show of ABS-CBN, Pilipinas Win na Win? Me? I did! And was I glad that I've tuned in to watch history in the making. As for those of you who have not seen it, well you're missing quite a lot! Lemme explain to you after the jump since it's way too awesome to contain in this summary.



Okay now let's start with how this revolutionary new show looks like. Wowowee? I've seen PWNW and all I can say is that there are no traces whatsoever of their past noontime show and that, as seen in their pilot episode, they've prepared for this.


No traces or hints of this guy.
As for those of you who have not seen the show, I'd like to inform you that they are using a slightly similar stage. I say slightly here because there are obvious differences such as the overall feel of their studio driven primarily by different logos and images shown on their screen.

Imagine this...

Combined with this! It clearly shows the difference!
What? Do I hear you saying the logo of PWNW is similar to Wowowee? I mean yeah the color scheme's kinda the same and all that, but hey! The letterings are all different, let's cut them some slack on this one alright?

Similar to this you say?

Now let's look at the format of the show where they've clearly beaten Wowowee. Remember Willie singing to the lolos and lolas from way way back? Remember how those instances were like?

Now keep that in mind and at the same time, multiply that by 5. Change the image of Willie to Robin Padilla and Kris Aquino combined, THAT'S WHAT YOU'LL GET! Omfg! It's like a sure fire blockbuster hit with the combination of these two. Remember this movie?

That's You and Me Against the World.

Wai- what?! What do you mean you've never heard of that? Seriously?

As for their games, I've seen the one called "Ping Pong Pong" or "Peng Ping Pong" which I know doesn't really make any sense similar to that Hep Hep Hooray game they did back then........ oh sorry I've just realized what Hep Hep Hooray pertains to (a celebration?) while Ping Pong Pang sounds like someone trying to speak Chinese in some weird manner.

Overall, I'd say they did a pretty good job setting the tone and direction of the show. I know confusion and unpreparedness is really hard to set as a benchmark but they've nailed this one.

And by the way, they should've sticked with the title Pilipinas For the Win (PFTW). So what if its acronym spells like Pilipinas WTF? That's way more awesome than Pilipinas Win na Win (PWNW)...... oh wait I take that back, PWNW pwns pala, oooh I see what they did there.

maybe they'll find their stride and get better in the time. I don't know, I'm really not into noontime shows.

5 comments:

  1. hahaha pwn willie makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha "you and me against the world" hmmm, what would it look like if instead Robin Padilla, it was James Yap, well past issue :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. trending topic pa din ang James Yap. lalo na ngayon nasa Wowowee din si Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA, I remember that movie.

    ReplyDelete